Warehouse Manager- Full-time permanent. Nottingham
Storeship is an expanding fulfilment warehouse business based in the Nottingham, UK.
Operating from premises in New Basford, Nottingham. Storeship are industry leaders in the eCommerce Fulfilment Services marketplace. Small, medium and large eCommerce businesses rely on us as their 3PL partner. New Basford has easy links to local trams and buses.
Due to continued expansion we are currently recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor / Manager to lead the small warehouse team and liaise with senior management.
As this is a new position, we are looking for someone who will be able to get involved in all aspects of the warehouse. We are looking for a person who can motivate their staff, has a keen eye for detail and would like to expand on their previous warehouse experience. You will need to be a leader of people, be able to motivate, train and encourage all team members. We are constantly evolving as a business so you must be flexible in your approach. You must be computer literate and full training will be given with our Warehouse Management System.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for all shipping, receiving, and picking operations, customer service and personnel within the warehouse. Key accountabilities are accuracy, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Hire, train, guides and develops staff.
- Creates and holds staff accountable for Key Performance objectives.
- Maintain staff training manual and develop regular appraisals.
- Evaluates the performance of staff within direct supervision and recommends performance improvement procedures as necessary.
- Identify and improve processes to increase efficiency and minimise mistakes.
- Improve customer engagement by providing a positive customer pickup experience.
- Ensure smooth flow of goods in and out movement.
- Ensure safe and intuitive storage of goods.
- Maintain inventory integrity within our in-house WMS by ensuring all inventory transactions are accounted for in the database.
- Ensure that all orders are picked and packed accurately.
- Ensure accountability of accurate customer billing and allocation.
- Organise warehouse and keep free of clutter.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a high functioning, fast paced warehouse environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions both verbal and written.
- Ability to drive a forklift and complete forklift certification course. Full training will be considered.
- Experience with Domestic and International shipping processes, forms, and best practices.
- Strong proficiency with systems including MS Office, database management, and carrier portals.
- Experience with a pick/pack fulfilment type operation.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly while maintaining a high-priority to the safety of our workforce.
40 hours per week. Shifts to cover the opening hours are expected. The warehouse is open from 7.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Saturday may be expected in the future. Overtime may be necessary from time to time.