Team Member – Bookkeeper
Storeship Ltd are one of the leading Fulfilment Houses based in the UK. Our customers demand the very best from us to fulfil their online orders accurately whilst being cost effective. We have recently moved into more suitable premises in Nottingham and are looking to strengthen the team.
We are now looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to manage our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organisation skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. An Administration Assistant will report into this position.
You will be qualified to AAT Technician level or equivalent. We will consider applications from experienced candidates either from an Accountancy Practice background or industry.
Main duties will include;
- Sales and Purchase Ledger, including all reconciliations and payments.
- Banking, reconciliations, payments, receipts, direct debits and queries.
- Setting up of customer accounts on our internal system. Billing and invoicing as appropriate.
- Reconciliation of postage accounts including Royal Mail, UK Mail and DHL. Amendments where necessary.
- Update internal systems with various cost prices.
- Charge and allocate Import Duty Taxes to relevant customers.
- Weekly for 10 people. To include starters, leavers, processing hours, payments, pension scheme deductions, holidays. Calculate and pay PAYE and NI payments. Year end reconciliation.
- Quarterly VAT return reconciliation and payment.
- Calculating weekly flash forecasts, monthly management accounts and cashflow forecasting.
- Credit Control, this is a small but important function as most of our business does not have debtors.
- Petty cash management.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
You will have knowledge and experience of;
- Xero Accounting or similar cloud based accounting software.
- MS Office including Word and Excel.
- Online payment systems i.e. Paypal, Transferwise
- 5 years’ of working in a similar function.
- A strong understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Accurate data entry, record keeping and PC’s.
The position will be based around 20-30 hours per week over 5 days. We are negotiable on starting times.